Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

8 Months

So I am SUPER late at getting this post up but oh well...
He loves the remote

I kinda' hate doing these monthly updates, only because it means my baby is growing up.  I still cannot believe how much he's changed in the past 8 months and when I look back at pictures from his first month of life he looks so different.  With each day that passes I'm constantly reminded that he is becoming less baby and more boy and it just breaks my heart a little.

His first tooth FINALLY broke through this month, after what felt like a year of working on it.  It's still not all the way in but it's coming and his second tooth isn't far behind.  I'm not super happy about my boy having teeth...mostly because it's so painful for him and we have had a few rough nights and days with little sleep and a fussy baby. It's so pitiful for Patrick to just fuss and be in pain and there isn't much I can do.  Although I'm not big on medication, especially giving my baby meds, I have been giving him ibuprofen a few times a day when he seems uncomfortable.  I hate him being in pain and if the medication will ease that and since it's only for a short while I think it's ok.

While we are still having some issues with nursing (mostly due to teething I think) we are pushing through and I'm feeling good that I've made it this far without having to use any formula.  I had been worried that he wasn't getting enough milk the last week but after doing a little research I found out that it's normal for babies to not nurse as well while teething.  Apparently the sucking hurts their poor swollen gums.  Thankfully, he is still nursing 5 times a day, even if it's not the normal 15-20 minutes.  He's also eating a lot of baby food now and LOVES almost everything!

Food Favorites: Bananas, carrots & green beans (store bought, he won't eat home made), apples, pears, prunes (thank goodness b/c I keep him on these so he doesn't get constipated), spinach (if it's mixed with a fruit), blueberries, sweet potatoes, squash, and peas! I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Right now he eats between 18-24 oz. of baby food a day, just kinda' depends on his appetite.

I'm also happy to announce that we have made it 8 months without any illness! YAY!! I am almost scared I've jingest myself by saying that but hopefully not.  A few people told me once he started going to the church nursery he would surely be sick but so far he hasn't, not even a fever.  I know the day will come and he will get sick but if we could just make it until at least a year then I think it would be awesome.  I was so worried this winter he would get sick and since he was an infant I was super anxious about caring for a sick, tiny, baby.
This is my favorite picture! His face is just priceless
Just this week he has started waving and it's so cute. He will only do it if you wave to him first and he doesn't do it every single time but when he does he gets really excited and smiles the sweetest grin I've ever seen!  Although he LOVES Greta and is always trying to pet her and get kisses from her, he has been afraid of other dogs.  When we went to Steve's parent's for a 4th of July cookout he cried instantly when their dog came in the room and he's been afraid of our friend's dog as well.  Hopefully he will grow out of that, but I think it's so funny because all of these other dogs are much smaller and CALMER than Greta! HA!


No comments:

Post a Comment