I honestly have NO idea how much Patrick weighs or how tall he is this month so I’m not even going to guess. The last time I did that, I was way off. What I can tell you, my boy is GROWING!!!! I know he has gained weight because he is a load to carry around and my arms get tired after just a few minutes. Since he has started pulling up on stuff, he seems so tall. My baby is less baby every day and as this month comes to an end I become more and more sad.
Although I know it’s perfectly normal and it’s ultimately a good thing that Patrick is growing up, it still makes me sad. I just cannot believe how quickly this past year has gone by. I remember this time last year, I was SUPER DUPER pregnant and feeling pretty crummy all the time.
This month has been a lot of fun though. Patrick got to attend his friend, Sam’s First Birthday Party and we have a lot more coming up later this month: mine and Steve’s 4 Year Anniversary is this week, my brother’s 34th Birthday is also this week, Steve’s sister, Laura is getting married at the end of the month so we have some stuff to do with that and getting together with Steve’s family that lives out of town, Wyatt (Patrick’s cousin) is turning 2 and having a Birthday Bash, and Halloween of course J So, like I said, lots going on!!
Now that Patrick is crawling and pulling up on EVERYTHING, I am a much more busy mama. It seems like any time I sit down, I have to jump up to get him away from something he shouldn’t have or going somewhere he shouldn’t be going. Although every day life is a little bit crazier, it’s also SUPER fun! Watching Patrick grow and learn new things every day has been such a fun experience. This month he has started clapping his hands (and he is super proud of himself when he does this) and waves bye-bye. When he waves, he doesn’t do it properly, he waves back to himself. Although it’s no the correct way, it’s pretty adorable. It’s also been harder to get pictures of him since he won’t sit still long enough for me to snap the camera.
He’s also staying awake a little longer in the mornings and we are officially down to 2 naps a day. Although sometimes I miss him taking 3 naps (so I can rest a little and get some chores done), it’s also been really nice to get out more and be able to be away from home for longer periods and not have to rush home after every errand because he needs a nap. Most days he still takes 5 bottles but depending on how long he naps, sometimes he only takes 4 and he still eats 3 solid meals a day. We are still having some trouble getting him to drink water but I’m continuing to try every day and hoping it will take soon J



No comments:
Post a Comment