Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

12 Month Update



Height: 30 3/8 inches
Weight: 21 lbs. 5.5 oz

First thing's first, how in the world is Patrick already a year old? Actually he's closer to 13 months since I'm so behind at getting this post up.  What a crazy and amazing year it's been with my sweet boy and I'm so thrilled to say, "WE DID IT!"  We kept a living, breathing, crying, child alive for a year! GO US!! HA...kidding!  

There isn't much new stuff to report really.  Patrick is still a great sleeper...THANK THE GOOD LORD ABOVE!  At night he still sleeps 12-13 hours and is taking two naps.  His first nap is usually an hour and a half to two hours and I just lay him down and he goes right to sleep most days.  Occasionally I have to go back in once and lay him down because he likes to stand and jump in his crib.  His second nap has been a little bit more tricky recently.  He's only been wanting to sleep 30 minutes to an hour which is okay except that means he gets cranky around 5pm and is just a bear until bedtime at 7:30. 

My boy is just like his mama when it comes to eating.  He LOVES food! He's mostly eating real foods now and other than chicken and apples, sweet potatoes, and fruit purees he won't eat much baby food anymore.  Right now he LOVES dried blueberries (these can only be eaten in moderation because they hurt his belly sometimes), greek yogurt, apple sauce, grilled cheese, hamburger, mashed potatoes.  Other than mac and cheese (this is one food area we are not alike, I LOVE mac and cheese) he has pretty much eaten anything and everything we've given him.  He's also doing much better with drinking water from a sippy cup.

I didn't change him from formula to regular whole milk (we did decide to go ahead with cow's milk) until the week after he turned one.  I was sick the week of his Birthday, he actually spent his Birthday with my mom because I was so sick I stayed in bed all day :( And I was a little worried he wouldn't transition well but he did! He won't drink his milk from a sippy cup, he has to have it in a bottle.  Now perhaps this is "bad mom" thinking but I'm not worried about it and have decided to not even try with milk in a sippy anymore, at least not for a few months.  I don't really care if he drinks it from a bottle or not, especially since he is drinking water from in a sippy now. 


I'm also happy to report Patrick has made it a whole year without any medication! WOOO HOOO!!!! Now that I've said that, he will probably be sick all winter :( let's hope not!  At his one year appointment he had four shots (including a flu shot) and a toe prick, poor little man but he did so well and I was so proud of him.  We also went back to the eye doctor this month and again everything continues to look great but we will keep going back every 6 months just to make sure since his vision is still developing.  

Patrick has 8 teeth and I'm afraid he may be starting to cut some back molars but I'm hoping not yet.  Although he isn't walking quite yet, he's cruising really well and in to EVERYTHING! We worked really hard at getting him to crawl and all that taught me was he wasn't going to do it until HE was ready.  So, I've not really been working super hard to get him to walk yet.  We work on it some but I'm not obsessing or worrying that he isn't walking yet.  He is pretty close and I think he will within the next month so we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment