For the most part, my pregnancy was ok. I wasn't one of those women that "glowed" and loved being pregnant all the time. I had days that I loved it, especially once I felt Patrick move and kick a lot. I sometimes miss feeling his swift kicks, even the ones that were at 4:00 AM. But I had awful morning sickness for about 7 weeks and then I had severe sciatic nerve pain and hip issues for the later part of my pregnancy. I also had a few freak outs when I hadn't felt the baby move for awhile and felt like something was wrong. These moments ALWAYS happened on the weekends or after my doctor's office was closed and I couldn't decide if I needed to call the on call doctor. But every time I prayed for God to give me a sign that my sweet baby boy was okay and to ease my mind. And EVERY SINGLE TIME I would get a swift kick within minutes. I know some people may not believe that, but it's true and I know it was God's way of telling me, "Trust Me, stop worrying." I swear he must have been looking at me and thinking, "When is this woman gonna give it up and realize I AM in charge. RELAX Meagan!"
Anyway, I tried to take pictures every week but I missed a few
I hope you're ready for a photo bomb....
![]() |
| 10 weeks |
![]() |
| 14 weeks |
![]() |
| 16 weeks |
![]() |
| 18 weeks |
![]() |
| 20 weeks |
![]() |
| 21 weeks |
![]() |
| 23 weeks |
![]() |
| 24 weeks |
![]() |
| 25 weeks |
![]() |
| 26 weeks |
![]() |
| 27 weeks |
![]() |
| 29 weeks |
![]() |
| 30 weeks |
![]() |
| 32 weeks...this is when I thought I looked like a whale or "whalish" as I told Steve |
![]() |
| 34 weeks |
![]() |
| 35 weeks |
![]() |
| 36 weeks |
![]() |
| 37 weeks |
![]() |
| 38 weeks |
![]() |
| 39 weeks...HUGE! |
Things I won't Miss:
Morning Sickness (7-18 weeks)
Feeling like a whale
Back & Hip pain
Insomnia (starting at about 32 weeks I wasn't sleeping more than 45 minutes at a time, in a recliner)
Not being able to shave my legs
Not being able to turn over comfortably in bed
Feeling like a turtle on its shell
Extreme thirst during the night
Having to pee 50 times a night (honestly, 5-6 times)
Sleeping in a recliner
Going to the chiropractor at least once a week to keep my hip in place
Worrying about going into labor during the night
Constant worry that the baby was ok
Not being able to hold my baby
Things I WILL Miss:
Feeling my baby kick and move
Having people cater to me (my mom cleaned my house and waited on me hand and foot)
Eating whatever I wanted (cravings: Chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce, Bang Bang Shrimp & hot fudge sundaes)
Dreaming of what my baby will look like
Wearing maternity pants
Not having a period
Not having headaches (I had only ONE headache my entire pregnancy)
That last one was a biggie! I have had headaches ever since 1st grade and starting in high school I had more days with them than without and have migraines 1-5 times a month. While I was pregnant I didn't have headaches! It was great. I did have one during the summer but it wasn't even a migraine. Since giving birth the headaches have returned but not EVERY DAY...at least not yet. I have had two migraines but since I'm nursing I can't take anything for them. Oh well...
While pregnant, mostly during my 3rd trimester I had a lot of hip/back/pelvic pain. After having a few ultrasounds that showed Patrick's head buried in my pelvis the doctor said he was the source of the pain but after delivery it would go away ... He was right! Thank goodness, once I gave birth the pain was gone!




















No comments:
Post a Comment