Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

9 months





Weight: 15 lbs 5 oz.
Height: 28.5 inches

Patrick had his 9 month check up today.  I am still in awe of how quickly this sweet boy is growing up.  It really breaks my heart how much he has grown and changed over the last 9 months.  He is still nursing every 3 hours while awake and sleeps 12 hours.  Patrick LOVES his baby food and eats fruit for breakfast, veggie and fruit for lunch and supper.  Right now, he's eating about 25-30 ounces of food daily.  I've been worrying again that he isn't getting enough milk and doesn't weigh enough but our pediatrician said he was a good healthy boy and although he is petite, he's not too small and is just fine.

Patrick has started biting me while nursing..A LOT! Boy, had I underestimated the pain a baby could cause with just two little teeth. At first I tried to tell him "NO" in a stern voice and he would just smile or giggle at me.  So then I gave his hand a little swat and said "NO" in a stern voice.  All that got me was a lot of giggles and he would keep biting me.  So far, what seems to work is when he bites, just ignore it and he quits.
I walked into this one morning...Patrick had kicked his legs out of his swaddle and he was having a very important convo. with his paci.
A few months ago Patrick started giving kisses and I thought it was the sweetest thing in the world.  You could just say, "Give me kisses." And he would open his mouth real big and give you a big ole lick on the side of your face.  Sometimes, he would even put his little hands on your face and pull you in and lick you on the lips! HA! Unfortunately, this "trick" is old I guess and about 3 weeks ago he quit giving ANY kisses. :( It's makes me so so sad but I'm hoping that he will start giving his mama kisses again soon.

Although Patrick still isn't crawling he has started standing with support and it's pretty darn cute!  He will stand and play with this little toy thing and when he's tired he just plops down on his rump.  I beginning to wonder if he will ever crawl.  I know some babies skip crawling and go straight to walking but I want him to crawl...it's so cute when babies crawl, at least I think so.  Some days he seems like he really wants to crawl and I think he will take off any day but then the next day he shows absolutely NO interest in it, I guess we will just wait and see.

I snapped these pictures with my phone the other day while Patrick and Stephen were chillin' on the couch watching golf.  Nothing makes this mama happier than watching my boy with his Papa.

Yesterday we went for a little play date at my friend, Kelly's house.  Patrick tried to crawl more there than he ever has at home. I think Lucy (Kelly's daughter) inspired him since she's already crawling and can pull up and walk around with support really well.  Hopefully he will be crawling any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment