Weight: 13 lbs 10.5 oz
I'm not sure how Patrick is already 5 months old, it just doesn't seem possible. It was just a few days ago that we brought him home from the hospital, right? I remember being so annoyed every time my mom or other adults would tell me to "Enjoy this time of your life because it goes by so fast and only gets worse as you get older". I started hearing that in High School and it didn't quit until I got married. Like so many other things, Mom was right! I feel like I should still be in college sometimes but here I am, out of college, married, with a BABY!!!!! And my baby is already 5 months old :( I just want to scream "SLOW DOWN!!!!!!"
I see Patrick changing every day. It's crazy that when he was first born he would look up at me with a blank stare and now he is figuring out how to make his toys play music and how to roll over. And he is completely enamored with Greta! If she walks by he will watch her until she's out of his sight and when she runs after a toy or barks out the window at a jogger, he gets the biggest smile on his face!
He is also quite the mama's boy, and I'm not complaining. If I hand him over to Steve or someone else to hold him, he will twist around until he can see me. And when I walk out of the room, he follows me with his eyes until I'm out of sight and has started whining some...a very fake cry I might add. But, it's adorable and I kinda LOVE how attached he is to me. I honestly thought by the end of the day he would be sick of looking at me but he loves his mama and that makes my day!
This month we have been able to go outside some and enjoy the fresh air and even sat in the grass. I thought it might irritate him but he just pulled a handful of it out and I had to be quick so he didn't stick it in his mouth. That's the new trick this month I guess, everything goes into the mouth for examination...HA!
![]() |
| This little ball is one of his favorite toys. Although he gets mad when he can't fit the whole thing in his mouth. |
It's getting much harder to take pictures of Patrick too because he will not sit still and wants to look at everything except the camera, but here a few of my faves...
![]() |
| This melts my heart! |
![]() |
| Sweet boy, he loves his Papa. |
Update on the paci situation:
So far Patrick has been loving his paci. However, he only likes the NUK brand with the clear nipple. I had a time finding some but finally scored them at Babies R Us! I think he's teething and really likes to chew on the nipple more than anything. He also likes to take his paci out and try to put it back in which is hilarious since his motor skills are not finely tuned yet. My sweet boy is growing up too fast.









No comments:
Post a Comment