Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

6 Months & Eye Update


Height: 26 inches
Weight: 13 lbs 12.5 ounces
How in the world is my baby boy 6 months old already? This month has been so much fun though...Patrick is acquiring such a funny personality and we got to start solids this month! I have been so excited about making baby food since before Patrick was born.  So far he's only tried avocado, bananas and sweet potatoes but I can't wait to try new foods with him.  I was worried about his weight since he's only in the 2nd percentile but the doctor said he is growing and now that he's more active it's not uncommon for the percentiles to drop around his age.  She also made me feel better by saying if he was on a chart for only breast fed babies he would be much higher than 2% and he is perfectly healthy and a really happy baby.  So for now, I'm just going to TRY and relax :)
Loves sweet taters :)

Patrick is also really loving blowing bubbles and raspberries! It's seriously the sweetest/cutest thing I have EVER seen! Here are two videos I took on my phone:


This month has also been very frustrating for Patrick.  He is really wanting to get places (mostly wherever Greta is) and gets so mad when he can't.  If he's sitting in my lap and Greta walks past, he will practically jump out at her and I have to catch him.  It's really funny if he's laying on a blanket and sees a toy he wants and realizes it's out of reach.  He makes a face that you can tell he's really trying to concentrate and when kicking his legs and reaching with his arms doesn't get him there he throws a fit!  His little hissy fits can be very entertaining but they have gotten out of hand a few times.
Blowing raspberries to the camera

My boy loves to talk and he can tell some pretty good stories! Although I know he isn't really talking he says baby babbles that sound just like "Hi" "Yeah" and his favorites... "Uh Huh" and "Ohhh".  I can't wait until he can really talk and say "Mama"!!


Patrick used to love his car seat but recently after about ten minutes, he starts fussing and wants out.  I think it's mostly due to the fact that he gets so hot.  Even with the AC running, his poor little head is dipping with sweat and his clothes too even if he's only in his car seat for 5 minutes.  I'm not really sure what can be done to fix this? I try to put he least amount of clothing on him possible while he's in the car but he still sweats so much!

Patrick got to attend his first wedding this past month! I was really worried he would be fussy because the wedding was at 5:00 PM (his fussy time of day) but he did really well.  We weren't able to stay for the reception because it was his bed time but I was so glad he didn't throw a fit during the ceremony :)

I'm hoping he will be able to sit up on his own any day now! I have really been working with him on it and he really likes being in the sitting position.  It's easier for him to play and reach for things but he just doesn't have the balance quite yet.  And his first little tooth still hasn't come all the way in.  At this rate, he won't be in until he's 2! HA.

Greta is adjusting well...she does this all day :)

Eye Update:

We went to the pediatric opthamologist yesterday and she said Patrick's eyes are fine.  She did several tests and dilated his eyes to make sure everything was working properly.  I won't be able to explain it as well as the doctor did but he does not have a lazy eye....Instead, she explained that because baby's faces are small and their nose bridge is flat that often times it gives the appearance that they have a lazy eye or one eye that is turned in.  After doing tests, she determined that his eyes are working properly and the left eye that we thought there might be an issue with is working just as well and fast as his other.  I had noticed his eye originally because I couldn't see as much of the white inside corner of the left as I could the right. And apparently that doesn't really mean anything because as long as his eye is focusing on the same things as his right eye there isn't an issue.  His left eye also isn't delayed with focusing either so that would a good thing.  Also, she said that 80% of the time as a child gets bigger his eye won't have the appearance of turning in.  We go back in 6 months just to follow up and to be completely sure everything is ok.  YAY for a good report :)

No comments:

Post a Comment