Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Changes

He loves watching Greta

For about two weeks now Patrick has been a little difficult to get down at night.  Since he was about 6 weeks old our night time routine has been the same: We put on his night time diaper, along with jammies, I nurse him then hand him over to Steve.  Steve then puts his sound machine on (rain setting), swaddles him and rocks him in the glider with music on for 5-10 minutes then puts him in his crib.  When Patrick first started sleeping through the night he wouldn't let me put him to sleep.  He would fuss and cry and it broke my heart...but apparently no matter how full he was he would smell my milk and want to nurse.  I would try to nurse him when he did this a few times because I thought maybe he was still hungry but he would immediately fall asleep.  So, for a long time Steve ALWAYS put him to bed.  But when Patrick was about 3 months old, Steve had to go out of town for work and I was really worried about putting him down.  Guess what? He did great! And he will let me put him to bed now :)

About two weeks ago, everything changed...

All of a sudden Patrick was being really difficult to get down.  We were doing his normal routine but as soon as Steve or I put him in bed he would cry until we picked him back up.  I'm pretty sure it's because he's teething and his gums hurt and he just likes to be held and comforted...who could blame him?  So for the past few weeks I've been the only one who has gotten him down.  Once we start rocking in the glider with our music (Augustana is his favorite night time music) he will settle down and start to fall asleep...then he will open his eyes and fuss.  I've found if I just keep rocking him and singing (I honestly have the WORST voice EVER!!!!!!) he will start to calm back down and then I can put him in his crib.  What used to take 5-10 minutes now takes 15-20 but that's okay with me.  Although I feel bad for Stephen, he thinks Patrick doesn't like him anymore :( I really love that Patrick likes me rocking him and cuddling.

I know it won't be long until he's going to school, graduating college, and getting married so I want to soak up ALL these precious moments while I still can.  I do hope this is just a little phase he's going through and will once again want his Papa.  I love peaking in on Steve while he rocks and sings to our son, it's just the sweetest thing EVER!

I think Patrick is just going through attachment anxiety because even if I just walk out of a room he will start to pout and whine until I come back.  He has also been wanting me to carry him EVERYWHERE and not put him down much.  This has made it hard for me to cook dinner and do laundry but again I just want to soak up these precious moments!
Can't get over those sweet cheeks

On a different note... I've been thinking of moving into Steve's bathroom.  We have never shared a bathroom but now that Patrick takes his baths in the big tub it would be easier to just have all his things in the hall bath (my bathroom) and for me to move in to master bath with my husband.  We've never shared because we have two bathrooms and because of Steve's job he comes home SUPER dirty and sometimes gets dirt and stuff everywhere so I didn't want to deal with that since I didn't have to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment