Friday, May 24, 2013
Hippy Snobs
I was texting with a friend the other day about diaper detergent. She asked what kind I used because she was having some issues with a new soap she was using. After I told her I made mine she said she felt bad she hadn't been making hers. I was actually SHOCKED because she makes everything! She makes all her baby food, regular laundry detergent, household cleaning supplies, personal soap and body wash and shampoo and even her own cloth inserts. Actually, she made mine too! (Here's her Etsy shop: Cutsie Booties)
Anyway she was telling me she was having to strip her diapers and her daughter was in a disposable! She NEVER uses sposies so I found this funny. I told her Patrick had been in disposables all the day before because I had spent the whole day at my moms and hadn't brought enough cloth. I went on to say I HATED him in them because if he pees even a drop I can smell it and it just makes me sick...I hate that smell! I don't know if my nose is more sensitive since I'm not used to it or because the diapers are super cheap ones.
Her response, "We sound like hippy snobs".
I laughed out loud, this was sooooo funny to me. Had you known me just two years ago! If someone had told me I would be a stay at home mom making baby food, baby soap, cloth diapering, etc. I would have laughed you outta Kentucky! It is so funny how having a baby changes you. And a good lesson learned; Never say Never!!!
Oh ... and we aren't really hippy snobs or snobs at all! But re-reading our text convo., we did kinda' sound like it!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Labels:
cloth diapering
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment