I meant to do this post a long time ago but I just hadn't found a good time to take pictures. I usually do my blogging when Patrick is napping, but I can't take pictures of his room while he's in there sleeping. I can't wait until Steve gets home from work to take photos, because it's almost dark and the lighting isn't good. We have a covered porch on the front of our home so there isn't really "good" light any time of the day as far as taking pictures goes. Anyway, here's where my sweet baby boy spends his naps and night time...
 |
| It's impossible to get a picture of the whole room since it's so small |
Before I was even pregnant we discussed what room would be the nursery. My first instinct was to make the office the baby's room because it was the smaller of the two rooms and babies don't need a lot of room, right? But then I thought perhaps we should make the larger room the baby's room and when we had another, they would get the smaller room. First baby gets the bigger room, that's fair, right? HA! After much debate I decided to stick with my first choice and make the "office" (more like a computer/Greta's room since neither of us worked from home) the nursery. It may not seem like it would much matter which room we picked but our other spare room is twice as large as the office so it made it tough for me to pick. I decided that I wanted to make the walls nuetral and when we had another baby they would use the same nursery and our first baby would bump up to the big room. Again, before I was even pregnant I knew I wanted neutral stripes painted on the walls because I had seen a picture on
this blog and wanted to do the nursery the same way. I didn't use the exact same colors but they are similar.
Once I got pregnant, it wasn't long before Steve got to work. He did all the painting because I'm allergic to paint but mostly because I'm also a horrible painter! HA! In case I haven't mentioned it, my husband is a perfectionist and there is NO WAY I could do a painting job to suite him. Luckily, he was able to borrow a lazer level from work that he set up in the middle of the room and it shot a red line around the entire room so he could tape off the stripes. *Note...when painting anything, esp. stripes you MUST use FROG TAPE! The other brands just aren't as good-we learned from experience when we first bought our home and did some painting. Anyway, Steve did an AWESOME job and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my stripes.
I looked for baby bedding long before I was pregnant and found a few I liked, but none that were for a boy. Once I was pregnant I was determined to have my bedding picked out for a boy and a girl, no luck! Again, I only found girl bedding I liked and only a few that I really loved. I really thought I would have a hard time choosing which bedding I liked best, not trying to find one that I felt was "okay". Once we found out Patrick was going to be Patrick and not Madeline (I've had my girl name picked out since before I wanted kids, it's my granny's name but that's another story) I hit the bedding hunt hard. Although I still had LOTS of time before the arrival of our sweet boy I was so sad I couldn't find bedding I liked. I didn't want a "theme": no cartoon characters or anything like that and not anything super "babyish" if that makes sense. I finally found one I liked but it was pricey! At least for us it was. But I was still working at the time so I bought the bumper, skirt, and a yard of fabric and had a lady I work with make me a pillow and window treatment and she had enough to make a little security blanket too.

I LOVE Patrick's bedding and if we have another boy I will be overjoyed to use it again! Not just because I love it, but I will feel better about the amount of money I spent :) Double awesome. We bought a cheap crib from Wal-Mart and our baby furniture was FREE!!!!!! A friend of my mom's went to a yard sale a few years ago and bought this baby furniture and said if we ever had a child we could have it for FREE! WHAT?! How awesome is that? Plus, the furniture is SUPER heavy and really awesome quality. It's maybe not what I would pick out if we were going to buy new stuff but since we were on a tight budget and I had planned on going to yard sales and getting a dresser and fixing it up to my liking this score was AWESOME! The armoire and changing table were originally a really light blonde color wood which I didn't like so we (AHEM, Steve) painted it white and again I LOVE it and will gladly use it the next time around.
Anyway, here are the pictures of Patrick's nursery which I love so much. We wanted to get a rug for the room but we couldn't ever find anything that suited and fit in the small space correctly but oh well. Other than not having a rug, it's just what I wanted :)
 |
| Crib |
 |
| Changing Table |
|
 |
| Armoire |
|
|
 |
| Every Kentucky born needs a UK piggy bank |
 |
| Cute cup my mom had engraved for Patrick |
 |
| My glider was a gift from my mom. My mom's cousin made the blanket, it's so soft! |
 |
| A lady at work made this sweet bear and my bible study group got me the Bedtime Prayer book that I just love |
 |
| Our trim doesn't match the walls but we felt if we painted the nursery trim and doors we would need to do the whole house and that's not happening. Poor Steve is all "painted out". |
 |
| The tractor on the left was Steve's and the one on the right was my dad's. My sister in law, Britney got Patrick this sweet bear. |
 |
| Steve made this mobile that we copied off a friend...Thanks Becca :) |
 |
| Thanks to my sister in law, Patrick has a full closet and this isn't even half of his clothes! |
 |
| And who needs a nursery without a baby? |
 |
| Am I going to have a redhead on my hands? Patrick's hair has changed color so much since he was born. |
 |
| I love this sweet sweet boy so much! |
I know decorating the nursery is really more for me than Patrick. He could care less what his room looks like :)
No comments:
Post a Comment