Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Baby Dedication

On May 19th we had Patrick dedicated at our church.  We go to what some might call a "mega church" so they have two large ceremonies for baby dedication once a year.  I was so glad our whole family was able to attend and my sister in law, Britney took these photos for us!
Steve is rockin' the hockey "playoff beard"
Stephen and I were really worried about Patrick's behavior during the dedication.  We attended church Sunday morning and the nursery workers said he took a nap but it was only about 30 minutes (he would normally sleep 1 1/2-2 hours for his first nap but never does on Sundays).  Once we came home from church I fed him and we played for a while then it was time to get ready and head back to church for the dedication ceremony.



Patrick should have went down for his second nap about the time we were leaving to go back to church and as soon as the ceremony was finished it was time for him to eat.  I just knew he was going to make a scene but he didn't! He fell asleep in my arms during the dedication for about 10 minutes and then I gave him a bottle as soon as the ceremony was over.  We then headed back home and he fell asleep in the car and slept about 20 minutes once we got back home.
I don't know what I was looking at

These are our friends: Chris, Becca, and baby Sam
I met Becca when we were pregnant (Sam and Patrick are 6 weeks apart) and we instantly became best friends for life! I will have to write a post on that because it's kinda a cool story.  Anyway, we decided our boys would be BFFs too...they don't even have a choice hehe :)

Since he basically didn't have a full nap all day (he normally takes 3 naps except Sundays, he usually has 2) I figured he would be one fussy boy but he wasn't! Steve went and played a round of golf with his dad late Sunday afternoon and Patrick and I played, had some swinging time on the front porch and took a long walk.  He did fall asleep on our walk and once we got home I fed him and rocked him about 5 minutes and he was out for the night!
Lovin' on Granny


Giving kisses
I'm so proud of him for being such a good boy and always going with the flow for the most part! We are so blessed that God chose us to be Patrick's earthly parents and we take this responsibility very seriously.  It's our duty to make sure he grows up in a home that is filled with God's word and truths and that we model the kind of life his Heavenly Father wishes him to lead.  My biggest hope for Patrick has never been that he will be the smartest, most popular boy in school or go to an Ivy League College and get a great job and make lots of money.  Instead, my greatest hope for my boy is that he will grow up knowing God and his love and that he will serve HIM in every thing he does!

We are so blessed to have such a loving and supportive family and amazing Godly friends that Patrick will grow up around.  He's so lucky and he doesn't even know it yet.  Steve and I are so excited for what his future will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment